-
January 3rd, 2004, 06:02 AM
#1
Inactive Member
My keyboard is a fruitless pasture,
A barren wasteland,
An arid desert of jumbled letters
Where beauty seems to wither.
Words that flock in my mind like birds,
Living and vibrant, full of joy,
Sag to the page in agonies of dullness.
Blossoming similes fall, rotten,
As though my fingers, leaden on the keys,
Have beaten the life from my words.
Words build in a rushing torrent,
Held back by a dam behind my eyes,
Caught in the mind?s iron vice-grip,
And black-and-white print leaches the colour
From every phrase.
The butterfly beauty of each word,
Jewel-bright and many-coloured,
Elusive, perfect wings of poetry,
Fade, like a butterfly,
Pinned between panes of glass.
How can I capture that fleeting instant,
Stilling it in all its glory,
And yet not leach its life with every letter?
How to hold that swift sensation,
A gentle touch, a single look,
A laugh, a dream,
A moment shared;
How can it endure?
One day, perhaps, I will know,
And seeing with unveiled eye,
Make words that dance, that sing,
That leave the page and soar
Through the eyes and ears,
Into the soul, to rest and linger there.
I will not forge chains of words,
But form them into wings,
Words that flutter on the winds of thought,
lying freely,
Like a butterfly
kelby~
-
January 3rd, 2004, 09:02 AM
#2
TastinGood
Guest
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
How appropriate!
In keeping with the theme:
Butterfly in the sky
I can fly twice as high
Take a look
It's in a Book
Reading Rainbow (Reading Rainbow)
Reading Rainbow (Reading Rainbow)
I can go anywhere....
Take a look
It's in a book
It's Reading Rainbow (Reading Rainbow)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks